【Kyoto University Library is now revising the conditions for reuse to facilitate the use of images of our rare materials】
Conditions for Reuse
Reuse of the content of this site is permitted only for the purpose of research and education.
- The content can be reused for publication and broadcasting. Reproduction of images on the Internet is prohibited.
- Images must not be modified without permission.
- Reuse of content for other purposes is prohibited.
- Full and proper credit must be given for each image.
- Images on this site are not downloadable at the moment. (A download function will appear later in this fiscal year.) Library Planning Section will send each applicant requested images when the reuse is permitted.
- Please confirm that the definition and other properties of images meet your requirement.
First, please notify the details of your request by e-mail or FAX:
- The image's title, record ID, URL and pages
- the name of the publication or the broadcast program and its project plan
- how the image will appear in the publication or the broadcast program, and
- the date of the publication or the broadcast.
- In return, an application form will be sent by e-mail with a set due date, which is normally around 10 business days prior to the date of publication or broadcast. The application should arrive by the due date.
- We do not accept urgent requests without prior consultation, cancelation after application and delay of fee payment, the number of which, however, is increasing especially from TV production companies. Please note that such disobedience to rules could result in disapproval of current and future application.
- Please fill in the application form and send it to us by postal mail. ("Name of Applicant” should be that of the publisher or broadcaster.)
- When the application is approved, we will send a letter of permission and an invoice of the fee by postal mail in about 10 business days after the application is received.
- We do not accept cancelation after receiving application.
Payment of the Fee
- The fee of JPY3,240 per image should be paid by the due date on the invoice, which is normally at least three bank business days prior to the date of the publication or the broadcast the image is used for.
- Even if the image is not used by a reason on the applicant’s side, the applicant is still obliged to pay the fee.
Deposit of the Publication/Broadcast
- Please deposit two copies of the printed publication or the broadcast record on DVD that uses content to Kyoto University Library.
- This Guide applies to reuse of digital content of Kyoto University Digital Library. Regarding reuse by reproducing from original rare materials, please refer to Photocopying (Microfilming) and Special Use (Publication/Broadcast) of Rare Materials.
- Part of the content of Kyoto University Digital Library is held not by the Main Library, but by Faculty libraries or other organizations. In such cases, please contact the holding library listed on [List of Libraries of Kyoto University] directly.
Content Reuse Contact:
Library Planning Section, Library Planning Division
Kyoto University Library
Yoshida Honmachi, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto
e-mail: gazo660[a]mail2.adm.kyoto-u.ac.jp （Please replace "[a]" with "@"）